Sunday, February 28, 2021

Sumerian reinforcements

 Another quick update today - the start of a second, tribal division for the Sumerian army. The first block is a small unit of Amorites, and a commander. I managed to rattle all of these out pretty quickly in one painting session - one of the many joys of 6mm miniatures!

I went for a bit of colour on these figures, more for visual interest than historical accuracy, as otherwise a early Sumerian army has a risk of being a bit 'fifty shades of beige'. I added strips of red and blue along the edges of garments. The commander stand echoes this, with striped cloth, representing their comparative wealth. I'm really proud of these figures; they pushed the limits of my abilities with 6mm, but they couldn't have come out better.



There actually aren't any companies providing 6mm Amorites, so I had to improvise somewhat. The figures are actually Irregular immortals from their Achaemenid range. Unfortunately they come with a quiver on their back, but other than that I think they're pretty good stand-ins. Plus, if I ever decide to start a Persian army, I'm already one unit down...



The rest of this division should be quite quick to finish up, with some stands of Gutian tribal warriors and some skirmishers; hopefully I'll be able to showcase these soon. Until next time"

No comments:

Post a Comment

A quick Celtic update

I've had unfortunately little time to paint anything recently, and subsequently have also been a bit quiet on the blog-front. However, I...